1. How did you get into the business? What was your original set up like? Where did it all begin?
Brewing started as a byproduct of making wine, both Dunc and I were making wine in Central Otago in NZ and we had 200L nano brewery set ups in the back of the winery.
2. If you weren’t brewing what would you be doing?
Surfing, mountain biking, eating and drinking.
3. What’s your favourite beer that you have brewed?
Our sour barrel aged Flanders style red - SITE - La Jeunesse
4. What makes your beer different?
We just continue to try to make the best beers we can, with compromising to make larger volumes. While that is not different to many breweries it is our focus.
6. What are your predictions on beer trends for 2019?
I think generally beer quality will continue to improve in Australia, IPAs will continue to be experimented with. There also will be some great sours entering the market and the quality of those will continue to improve as breweries get better blending stock in their sheds.
7. The big debate - draft, bottles or cans?
We are all about the cans, - better for the beer, easier to transport and they are better suited to Australia's life style.
8. Where is your favourite watering hole?
Drinking at the beach or somewhere in the outdoors.